Playing the latest AAA titles with a slow/old pc or laptop can be great with Playkey. Certain games are best enjoyed with a gamepad, steering wheel or even a joystick. Playkey supports Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers natively however it is possible with a few tweaks to use a unsupported controller.
Use a generic gamepad / joystick / steering wheel with Playkey
I purchased a Nacon G100 for only 15 euros to use with Playkey as it supports windows. This guide should work for any controller / game pad / steering wheel etc that support either X or D input.
Being a native windows controller I thought it would work out of the box but I was wrong.
Let me share tweaks to get the controller working.
Setup unsupported controller with Playkey.
- Download the latest version of TocaEdit Xbox 360 Controller Emulator from https://www.x360ce.com/
- Unzip and run x360ce.exe
- Click controller 1 and then Add your controller / gamepad / steering wheel from the list.
- Enable mapped device – If you have a xbox style controller the app should recognize your controls, otherwise you can map your own. Test the controller is correctly mapped by pressing some buttons.
- Click on the issue tab and install the virtual driver.
- Minimize controller emulator and open Playkey and enjoy playing your favourite games.
Enjoy more games
Many games benefit from the use of gamepad or controller. This should make your cloud gaming experience much more enjoyable